This is a great sounding course that our friend Susan Grimble is putting together. It looks amazing.
Fry Creek Permaculture Design Course, March 10-22
In beautiful Johnsons Landing, BC (2 hours north of Nelson)
“Permaculture helped me understand that everything is a living organism. I now use permaculture principles in everything; with my family, with people I work with and in running our business, in my garden and even in how I set up my living space.” Rachel Ross, Non Violent Communications Facilitator
Zia Parker has lived a permaculture based life for 20 years, taught in Africa and the US and runs the Willow Way Permaculture Farm in Colorado.
Jim Gibson is a friend of Paul Stamets and a graduate of the Stamets schools for Mushroom Cultivation and Mycorestoration. He is the fungi man and teaches soil building courses.
Gregoire Lamoureux is a respected permaculture teacher in the Slocan Valley.
All of them have a vast array of skills and they want to share them with you!
Check out this video to find out more about Permaculture and meet Zia and Jim.
Zia’s website is www.willowwaywellness.com
This will be a hands-on-class designed for farmers and gardeners of all skill levels, urban and rural.
• Permaculture Principles and Ethics
• Permaculture Design Method
• Observing Nature, Site Analysis, Designing
for Diverse Climates, Creating Microclimates
• Nutrient Cycling in Water & Soil
• Gardening: maintaining soil fertility,
exploring the wisdom of plants, Seed saving.
• Season Extension: four season gardening,
cold frames, hoop houses and greenhouses
• Forest gardens, agroforestry, fruit trees
• Multiple Benefits of Fungi: agricultural
applications; cultivation for medicinal & culinary use
• Renewable Energy
• Ecological Building including building with earth materials
• Wise Water use: bioremediation with constructed wetlands, rainwater harvesting, greywater systems, aquaponics, aquaculture
• Incorporating animals into your system: poultry, fish, bees, others
• Urban Permaculture
• Sustainable Community Design
• Group Design Projects
Our Curriculum is internationally-recognized by the Permaculture Academy. A Permaculture Design Certificate is given upon course completion.
“I have been gardening in the Kootenays for 39 years. I am new to Permaculture but what I have learned has made gardening so much easier. Learning to grow more of our own food and working in alignment with nature will be the foundation for our security in the future.
I look forward to sponsoring this Course, assisting Zia and Jim and creating a safe, comfortable space for you.”
Susan Grimble, Feldenkrais Practitioner
For more information contact me at 250 366-4395 or 352-3449 or email email@example.com